Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Maybe the Sky Is Not Falling After All

First off, many thanks to everyone who has emailed, called, encouraged, and prayed for us this week.  After the dust has settled a bit from last week's news, we're feeling more hopeful, though nothing has changed as far as the suspension is concerned.

We have gathered, however, that this suspension is connected with political realities inside the country which should work themselves out before too long.  People who know more about this stuff than I do are expecting that adoptions should open up again at some point, though it's impossible to know exactly when. So we are sitting tight.

And we are seeking to be faithful and persistent in prayer.  The morning after we received the news of the suspension,  I sat down in the morning to read the Bible, and this was what I was scheduled to read.  A rather timely reminder to be persistent in prayer...even when a "judge in a certain city" is unwilling to act, we are still called "to pray and not to lose heart."

I also preached on Sunday and incorporated into the sermon some of what we've been learning.  It's the first time I laid out some of the theology of adoption that I've been reading and thinking about lately. Bethany said it was the best sermon I've preached (and having heard 'em all, she oughta know!)
If you want to listen to it, you can find it here ("The Burden of Anxiety")

So thanks again for your continued prayers and encouragement.
God has this thing under control.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome sermon, Andy! Beautiful. Besides, I always enjoy an adoption sermon... Saturday was the 40th birthday of the daugheter whom I released into a family through adoption! Will continue to be in prayer for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Di, for your prayers and for your encouragement. I hope it was a special weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring! Thank you for your wisdom and honesty. My prayer efforts will continue for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping everything works out!

    Nikki
    www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - get your blog designed and support orphans with special needs in India!

    ReplyDelete