I know, I know...you're dying to find out who it could be?
Billy Ray Cyrus? Not since he cut his mullet.
Clarence Clemons (may he rest in peace)? He's certainly in the running.
S. Truett Cathy, founder of Chick-fil-A? (Dare I say that his cuisine is overrated?)
Nope, meet my favorite Southern Baptist: Russell D. Moore, Dean of the School of Theology and Senior Vice-President for Academic Administration at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and preaching pastor at Highview Baptist Church.
Why is he my favorite Southern Baptist? First of all, because he wrote a great book called Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families and Churches. This book played a huge role in our own decision to adopt, and I highly recommend it to you. I recently wrote a short review of it in the PPL Monthly.
If that weren't enough, here is Dr. Moore taking Pat Robertson to the woodshed.
And if you want to hear a phenomenal sermon on adoption and the gospel, give a listen to Christ in an Orphan-Making Culture.
And then, if that's not enough for you (and you have a free 95 minutes), here is Dr. Moore and Robert P. George of Princeton (no slouch himself) discussing evangelicalism in America, a topic most people just don't get.
Sorry, my posts are bound to be a bit dorkier than Bethany's. Can't help it.

Just read the Moore piece on PatRobertson and marriage. Thanks for posting that. On all the most vulnerable among us, the words "made in the image of God" are stamped on their very being, and Jesus says "mine, one of mine" Thanks for posting this Andy
ReplyDelete